Tuesday, March 26, 2013

bus charity charades

i've been riding the bus for the last three weeks off & on.

i always feel weirdly curious about new experiences, especially when thrown into inevitability.

with a set of new and impending circumstances i've already grown accustomed to this new ride situation, and let's face it, riding my bike is giving me (new)found exercise that i've needed back in my life.

while sitting in the comforts of the now fully functional interim charter buses (designated in lieu of the indefinite period of sprinter-less travel) i found myself without headphones, or an ipod for that matter- lost a week previous by my own lack of recognizance, leaving me to the suitably and often strange music of conversation.

one of my best friends dani, just the other night, encouraged me to ride said transportative states, (ear)bud-less, rallying me towards the odd turns that are mouths engaged.

on this particular pilgrimage back to my mom's house, i caught pieces of two gentlemen's chat, resulting in casual braves about whether they had been to hawaii before, diets and weight loss (with the accompaniment of steroids) and the grand revelation that one of these fine purveyors of public transportation had NEVER been to a Chili's before.



this is a bit puzzling to me, especially living in a city where the Chili's restaurants have spread thin, but nevertheless are still somewhat a prevalent eatery, as far as money and food shaking hands.

this particular man had boasted about sunday Olive Garden stints, Applebee's, but no trace of Chili's, nor had he ever stepped foot into Claim Jumpers. he claimed to have weighed a sizeable 250 pounds before his divorce and then with the aforementoned help from steroids and diet, he pared down to an unforeseeable slimmer figure (of which i did not confirm as to save my anonymity).

this is where the conversation died for me, as i poured myself back into my book of strung words by david berman, because, well, he says funny things to me. 

my travels ended in a brisk walk to mums house, only to leave minutes later, down the road to make money and prove myself once again to the world.


No comments: